SCREENPLAYS - TELEPLAYS - PLAYS by Arthur Wooten
All of Arthur's projects have been optioned, some more than once, but are currently free properties.
* BIRTHDAY PIE (dramedy) A New York City writer travels home to celebrate his birthday and say goodbye to his dying father and struggles with whether or not to share with his eccentric southern family news of his own life-threatening situation.
* LEFTOVERS (romantic comedy) In 1954 a divorced and destitute suburban housewife finds self-esteem, financial security and true love selling Tupperware.
* DIZZY (drama) A beloved Broadway star is struck down by a mysterious disease at the height of her career and is forced to reevaluate her life and the people in it as she struggles to survive.
* THE LIFE AND TIMES OF WISE BEAR WILLIAM (drama) A heartwarming tale of the trials and tribulations of Wise Bear William, a stuffed bear living in an attic with other abandoned toys.
* CLOSURE (drama) An 18-year-old New York City boy is convicted of a brutal rape and after serving 23 years he’s exonerated, thrown back into society and struggles to readjust as his life becomes entangled with the woman who convicted him.
* ON PICKING FRUIT - (comedy) Pilot Episode - Curtis Jenkins is a gay man whose search for love runs up against bad luck, bad boys and bad advice from his incorrigible best friend, unorthodox shrink and irreverent mother.
* BIRTHDAY PIE (drama)
* THE LIFE AND TIMES OF WISE BEAR WILLIAM (drama)
* BIRTHDAY PIE - full length (dramedy) Winner of the Key West Theatre Festival, it had its world premiere at the Waterfront Playhouse, Key West, FL.
* THE LUNCH - one act (drama) Premiered at the Madison Avenue Theatre, NYC, second production at the Inner Space Theatre, NYC and most recently in Te Anau, New Zealand.
* LILY - one act (drama) Premiered at the Inner Space Theatre, NYC.
ARTHUR WOOTEN BOOKS